In the previous article 10 factors that could cause premature ejaculation ,we discussed the causes of premature ejaculation.
Today we will be discussing how to manage premature ejaculation and possible ways to last longer in bed.
Premature ejaculation is when a man ejaculates too quickly, usually sooner than he or his partner would want during sexual intercourse. The situation can be really embarrassing for some men and is a cause of conflict in many relationships.
Managing this situation requires time and patience from both partners.
Here are some useful tips or suggestions for managing premature ejaculation and lasting longer in bed.
1. Treatment for physical causes: Receiving treatment for physical causes such as thyroid problems, abnormal hormone levels and infections in the prostrate or urethra may help to reduce the recurrence of premature ejaculation.
2. Anesthetic creams: Applying Anesthetic creams (creams containing a numbing agent) to the penis few minutes before intercourse helps to decrease sensation and in turn delay ejaculation. The downside of using this creams is that it might cause a decrease in sexual pleasure in both you and your partner.
3. Using certain drugs which may be helpful: Although there are currently no approved drugs for the purpose of treating premature ejaculation, certain drugs which cause delayed ejaculation such as some pain killers(.eg. Tramadol) and anti-depressants(.eg. Zoloft) may be used as needed. Medications used to treat erectile dysfunction such as Viagra may also be helpful.
4. Sex therapy and counseling: Speaking with a sex therapist or psychologist may help to deal with psychological issues and relationship problems causing premature ejaculation
5. Using condoms during intercourse, especially if they are thick condoms helps to decrease sensation and delay ejaculation.
6. Masturbating an hour or two before intercourse may also be helpful in delaying ejaculation.
7. Taking breaks during intercourse by switch positions helps to interrupt the flow of intercourse and in turn helps to delay ejaculation.
8. Taking your mind off the action and thinking about boring or random stuff has also been shown to help delay ejaculation.
Premature ejaculation is a treatable condition that requires team work and a lot of patience from both partners to help overcome. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t notice any improvements immediately, take each sexual encounter as it comes and be determined to get better with each one, with time you definitely will. Remember, Rome was not built in a day!