1. Self-injury(cutting, burning)
2. Leaves “clues” that seem likely to provoke a discussion about sexual issues.
3. Inadequate personal hygiene.
4. Sexual promiscuity
5. Drug or alcohol abuse.
6. Depression, anxiety or suicidal attempt.
7. Running away from home.
8. Fear of intimacy.
9. Compulsive eating.
10. Exuding anger towards being forced into a situation out of their control
Any one sign doesn’t mean a child is being sexually abused but the presence of several should raise suspicion and one should begin to ask question and consider seeking help.