Mental illness is any disorder that distort one’s cognitive abilities that manifest physically. There are various degrees of mental illnesses from depression, schizophrenia, bipolar,traumatic seizures, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
These illnesses are evident with typical signs like mood swings,short rage of anger,panic attack, anxiety and forgetfulness.
Studies have shown that 1 in 10 persons experience stress and depressing moments, and the ability to snap out of it makes all the difference.
Mental fitness is essential to provide absolute well being. This encourages the mentally stable to strike meaningful conversation, stay creative and relate effectively.
Here are Five simple ways to boost mental fitness;
1. Exercise: We should engage in physical activities like brisk walks, jump ropes, jogging as they trigger the happy hormones “endorphins” that boost your self esteem.
2. Hang out: We can not undermine this networking technique because you must make out time to connect with friends while gisting the evening away laughing to jokes and you’re also permitted to cry (it is calming and takes off some burden).
3. Feed well: Your food should be your medicine and must not be compelled to switch roles by making medicine your food . The right amount of all the classes of food must be consumed daily.
4. Sleep: An adult is required to sleep for an average of 6-8 hours daily. Technology has made it possible to track your sleep pattern and kick out insomnia with apps like Awoken,Sleep as Android and Pzizz sleep.
5. Maintain a healthy lifestyle: According to the Merriam Webster dictionary, lifestyle is a way of living. Never compare yourself with another, you’re unique hence understanding how you respond to stress,allergies and your body anatomy must always be top priority. Your lifestyle must be sustainable.
This month to lend my voice to mental illness awareness, I joined friends for the ##22pushupchallenge for 22 days whereby you nominate someone each day to join in the campaign.
Let’s not forget that October globally is set aside for Breast Cancer awareness. We need to stay aware. Early detection saves lives!