Have you been trying to lose weight for a while now? I’m sure you have heard and read quite a number of weight loss tips and tried out a number of things. Do you notice that there a lot of conflicting information available? Have there been times you felt stuck and didn’t know which of the numerous advices you should follow? Well, here are some things you should know about weight loss:
• The use of laxatives (any substance used to induce bowel movement) would not make you lose weight
• You eat to lose weight as opposed to the general perception that skipping meals aids weight loss.
• You need all the classes of food in moderate proportions to achieve your weight loss goal
• Eating home-cooked meals is the best way to monitor your diet
• Waist cinchers and girdles would not help you lose weight
• Losing weight the healthy way takes time, there are no quick fixes
While you are trying to lose some weight, it is important to constantly remind yourself that your worth is not equated to your looks – you are valuable. Do not entertain negative thoughts and do not dwell on negative comments. Love life, stay happy, remain productive. Lastly, remember that being thin is not synonymous to being healthy. So aim to be fit, not thin.