Frequent visits to the toilet especially after meals are sometimes caused by a condition known as Irritable bowel syndrome.
Here are some facts about irritable bowel syndrome (IBS):
• It’s a common but serious disorder of the digestive system
• Its causes are not known, there are no cures yet for it and they have to be managed for a long period of time
• It changes the patterns of bowel movements, sometimes leading to alternations between diarrhea and constipation
• Some of the symptoms include: food intolerance, abdominal pain, bloating, constipation, diarrhea, intestinal gas and nausea
Have you been experiencing any of these symptoms lately? Then you need to visit your doctor. Your doctor could prescribe some drugs for you but here are some of the things that would help in managing it:
• Take a closer look at the things you eat. It would be helpful to create a food journal and take note of the foods you eat and the way your body reacts to such foods
• Avoid carbonated drinks and junks
• Drink more water
• Eat more fruits and vegetables
• Reduce your meal portions. Eat small meals at intervals
If you feel that your symptoms are significantly impacting your health in a negative way and you are unhappy, stressed and extremely worried, then you should explain how you feel to your doctor. It might be necessary to get some psychotherapy (talk-treatments).