Tight-fitting clothes are trending; men are not left out in the trend neither are children. Fashion conscious individuals would always want to keep up with the trend and ensure they are not left out. Do you know however, that some fashion trends can be damaging to the health? While it is a good thing to pay attention to ones looks and desire to look good always, it becomes a problem when measures taken to look good are detrimental to the health. Just how far can you go in a bid to look good and keep up with fashion trends?
Tight-fitting clothes or more loosely, slim-fitted clothes are widely believed to look good on the wearer, making him/her look more attractive. But do you know this is not usually the case? Rather than complement ones looks and appearance, tight clothes can actually make one look less attractive and even more importantly, it has a negative effect on your health.
Do you like tight-fitting clothes, here are some of the reasons you should consider changing your fashion taste.
- Women can develop yeast infections and urinary tract infections from wearing tight clothes.
- Tight pants twists and over-heats a man’s testicles and studies have found that men who frequently wear tight clothes have a higher risk of low sperm count and infertility. Men could also develop urinary tract infections and bladder weakness from wearing tight clothes.
- Tight clothes affect the movement of hip joints, causing unnecessary stretching of the joints which could lead to back pain and problems with the spine.
- Tight clothes shrink the abdominal area; an area consisting of vital organs in the body. This often leads to cramping,abdominal discomfort and poor circulation. When too much pressure is applied to the abdomen, food does not digest which could cause heartburn and other problems related to indigestion.
- Tight clothes cause numbness, tingling and burning sensations in the legs. Wearing tight jeans can lead to tingling thigh syndrome, a condition that occurs as a result of a compression of the nerves in the thighs.
- Wearing tight clothes regularly could lead to breathing problems. It can cause excessive sweating which can lead to dizziness and fainting.
- Blood clots could arise due to wearing tight clothes.
While wearing tight clothes may make you feel you look fashionable and attractive, it comes with a high price tag – your health. Don’t choose being stylish and fashionable over your health; don’t prioritize style over your health.