1. It relieves stress, promotes better sleep and improves memory.
2. It improves your physique, trims down your waistline and improves your sex life.
3. It fights depression and improves mood.
4. It reduces the risks of heart disease and other cardiovascular diseases.
5. It boosts the immune system, increasing the body’s ability to fight disease.
6. It increases strength and flexibility.
7. It reduces the risk of early mortality.
8. It improves your level of productivity and keeps you going.
There are different forms of exercise available. Walking, running, jugging, cycling, swimming, dancing and push-ups are all forms of exercise. Regardless of your choice of exercise, they all offer these amazing benefits. As much as exercise is very healthy and good for you, too much of a good thing is bad.
Ensure that you exercise moderately and rather than focus on losing weight, focus instead on being fit. Besides exercise, there are other things you should do to stay healthy. Eating healthy, getting enough sleep on a daily basis and doing away with unhealthy habits, plus exercise, would in no small way improve your overall health.
If you find exercising regularly a bit of a challenge due to where you reside or your work schedule, you could make some little but significant changes to your lifestyle. As much as you can, embrace walking. You could walk that short distance to work or school; use the stairs rather than the elevator. Do push-ups and sit-ups when you are at home, including others you can conveniently perform at home.