It is true that pregnancy comes with a lot of changes in the body. Once a woman gets pregnant, a lot begins to happen in her body and she will feel some of these changes.
The first thing a woman almost notices is a missed period, and other pregnancy symptoms like nausea which may be accompanied by vomiting, tender and swollen breasts, increased urination and fatigue.
These symptoms are normal and most women get to experience it. There are however certain symptoms that may show up during pregnancy that are not only abnormal but can in fact be dangerous.
Knowing what’s normal and what’s not will help a pregnant woman take immediate action when the need arises. So if you are pregnant, here are some symptoms you should never ignore:
- Vaginal bleeding or spotting
- Severe or persistent abdominal pain or tenderness
- Severe or persistent vomiting which may be accompanied by pain or fever
- Persistent or severe headache which may be accompanied by visual difficulty
- Severe constipation or diarrhoea
- Frequent dizziness, fainting, rapid heartbeat and difficulty breathing
- A severe pain in the leg
- Baby stops kicking or moving
- Pain or irritation when urinating
- Sudden or severe swelling of the feet, hands or face, or other parts of the body
These symptoms are not to be ignored, they could be danger signs. If you experience any of them, you should see your doctor right away.